The FOCCUS© Pre-Marriage Inventory is a comprehensive, user-friendly tool for couples or professionals who are helping couples prepare for marriage, and who become trained as FOCCUS Facilitators.The FOCCUS© Inventory is designed to help engaged couples appreciate their unique relationship, learn more about themselves, and discuss topics important to their lifelong marriage.
As a Life Coach and certified FOCCUS Facilitator, I believe it is essential that we do all we can to promote healthy, happy, permanent relationships. Overall, marriage reduces the likelihood of illness, both mental and physical, and speeds recovery from trauma. Parents in a healthy marriage are a protective factor against childhood risky behavior and model kindness and respect for children's relationships. The home is the center for teaching children values.
Encouraging couples to discuss a broad range of important topics can help them understand the meaning of their union, discover their individual styles, and learn communication and conflict resolution skills that will enhance their lifelong relationship.
Unlike a therapist, a facilitator is not expected to fix problems nor offer advice; my role is to serve as a resource to support the relationship and promote healthy communication. Pre-marriage sessions offer a unique opportunity to celebrate a couple's strengths, practice positive communication skills, and explore important areas that may present problems later.
Key Features of the FOCCUS©
FOCCUS©, which was developed in 1985 by three marriage and family therapists with these goals in mind:
- To provide an affordable and user-friendly inventory
- To help to prepare couples for marriage
- To emphasize a facilitation process rather than counseling
- To address issues important for engaged couples to discuss and understand
- To base the inventory on current research and consultation with experts in the field
- To update inventory to address developing issues such as couples with children, interfaith and same sex couples, second marriages and cohabitation
To schedule your Pre-Marriage Inventory Assessment contact Dana at 786-285-9243 or email at Info@DanaDellaCamera.com,